Budget Friendly Days Out Across Somerset
We’ve compiled a list of budget friendly days out, to suit all budgets!
The Grand Pier, Weston-Super-Mare. Entry £1
Take a walk to the end of the pier, where you’ll find lots of fun and games for all ages. There’s everything from the classic grab machines and 2p machines right up to a Go Kart track! With stalls aplenty for candyfloss, sweets and sticks of rock, you’re sure to have a great time. And when you’ve had your fill of the pier, why not enjoy a meal in one of the many eateries or simply take a walk on the vast beach whilst enjoying an ice cream.
Hollywood Bowl, Taunton. Adult – aged 16+ From £6.65
Open every day, this makes it the ideal fun activity, especially on those rainy days.
Victoria Falls Adventure Golf, Bath. Adults £7.50
Situated in Victoria Park, just a short walk from the famous Royal Crescent and Roman Baths, this is certainly something a bit different to add to your Bath itinerary.
Fleet Air Arm Museum, Yeovilton. Adult £15 advance (valid 12 months)
The Royal Navy Air Museum, showcasing the most historic Royal Navy aircraft dating back over 100 years. The ticket is an annual pass, so you can return as many times as you like within the year.
Shepton Mallet Prison Tour, Shepton Mallet. Adults from £15
You can choose between a guided or self-guided tour of the prison, which has been on its current site since 1625. It’s packed full of interesting history, and maybe even a few ghostly sightings!
Haynes Motor Museum, Sparkford. Adult £19.75 (valid 12 months)
What can we say but cars, cars and more cars! This truly is a magnificent collection showcasing the very best of automotive history, and you can visit as many times as you like in a year.
Wookey Hole, Wookey. Adult £21.45
With caves, a museum, adventure golf, a 4D cinema, and more, this is definitely a jam packed day out.
Cheddar Gorge and Caves, Cheddar. Adults from £22.95
- Gough’s Cave (including audio tour)
- Museum of Prehistory
- Cox’s Cave featuring Dreamhunters: The Early Adventures of Man
- Jacob’s Ladder and the Lookout Tower
- Cliff-Top Walk
- Beyond the View: A cinematic experience
Are all included in the price of the ticket.
The Roman Baths, Bath. Adults from £26.00
Included in the price is use of an audio guide or hand held BSL video guide, and even an opportunity to taste the spa water.
Stretch the budget
West Somerset Railway, Bishop’s Lydeard to Minehead. Adult Rover Ticket £30.00 – gives unlimited travel on one day.
Sit back and enjoy 20 miles of heritage railway through stunning Somerset countryside and coast.
Thermae Bath Spa, Bath. Adults only from £40
Enjoy 2 hours of relaxation with access to the open air rooftop pool, the Minerva Bath, wellness suite and café as well as complimentary towels and robes.
Longleat Safari Park, Warminster. Adults £39.95
Included in the price is:
- Access to the amazing Drive-through Safari experience.
- The chance to meet more of the famous animal residents on foot with the Walking Safari and Boat Safari.
- A whole host of attractions to explore including Longleat Railway, Adventure Castle, Rockin’ Rhino and the Hedge Maze
- Longleat’s stunning grounds and gardens.
Blow the budget!
Adventure Caving, Wookey Hole. Adults £89.99
Your experience will include a variety of activities, such as:
- A chance to go behind the scenes of the world-famous show caves at Wookey Hole
- Abseiling, crawling and clip-climbing route across the caves
- Get up close and personal with rare geological features, not seen by the general public
- Fascinating educational and historic commentary from your guide
- Exit the caves in style (prepare to be surprised!)
Narrow boat hire, North Newton. £160 for 3 hours for up to 12 people.
Situated on the Bridgwater and Taunton Canal, Somerset Boat Centre can take you on a relaxing trip along this peaceful waterway.
They also hire other crafts, including paddle boards and kayaks.